Tuesday, May 3, 2011

monday morning

monday morning, a photo by lula mae barnes on Flickr.

I woke up super early today and decided to paint my nails before I had to go to work. I had started painting them last night but I got this terrible migraine and just ended up messing them all up. Originally I had planned on using a really pale shade of pink that leans towards white but I ended up going with Insta-Dry in Sonic Bloom which is an orangey-red shade. I love this polish so much. Seriously, one coat and you're good to go. It really does dry in a minute or two, too. I found this Essie base coat on sale at Target yesterday which was nice because, even though I hate base coat passionately, I really need to start using it. My nails have been splitting really easily lately. I'm not about to blame my short nails on weakness because I'll openly admit to the fact that I bite them but I really have been trying to cut that nasty little nervous habit lately. Unfortunately, every time I've let them grow a bit they snap right off. This base coat is supposed to strengthen your nails and promote growth so we'll see how that goes. 

the best lunch, a photo by lula mae barnes on Flickr.



After work, which started off really nicely but then managed to end terribly, I went to lunch with my mom at the Cheesecake Factory. I was mad because of work and because I had to go by school to pay for my summer classes and my mom appeared to have had a bit of a ruff day as well so we settled for comfort foot and split some onion rings, artichoke hearts, stuffed mushrooms, and mozzarella bites. Everything was so delicious! I want to feel like eating there two days in a row is a bad thing but I just can't seem to talk myself into it. I know their food is far from good for you but it's so tasty that I can't be bothered with carrying sometimes. We did skip dessert, though, so at least that's something. Last night we split a slice of their new red velvet cheesecake and it was the most decadent slice of heaven ever served on a plate. I swear I'm not even exaggerating. 

hunger games, a photo by lula mae barnes on Flickr.

My mom wanted to go check something out at Borders after we ate. I'd like to take a moment right now to express my anger at the fact that my Borders is still very open. I love Borders and don't actually want it to close but I know so many people that have gotten the most amazing deals of their book buying lives in the weeks leading up to a Borders close. Anyway, a friend of my mom's needs some help with a website so she wanted to look at a book on html. My mother is the least computer capable person on the face of the entire planet so I'm not sure the book was as helpful as she'd hoped. I went ahead and picked up a book for myself while she looked around. I bought The Hunger Games which everyone else in the world has probably already read by now. I have very strong feelings about investing my emotions in any book series. Harry Potter stole my heart when I was just a little kid and has never let go and Twilight made it impossible for me to even hear the words glitter and vampire in the same conversation without reacting irrationally. I almost got sucking into the Percy Jackson series but then I misplaced the firsr book before I finished reading it so I really can't say much in it's favor or otherwise. I only bought The Hunger Games because a friend of mine from work was telling me about how amazing the series is and after listening to her praise it for a few minutes I was sold. I know there will be tears  and, even though I'm just a few pages in, I know the movie adaptation will make me want to throw things but I'm embarking on this journey anyway.

Once we got home from our little mom and daughter afternoon and I had to rush and change into gym clothes so I could make it to yoga. I had never gone on a Monday night before and I really didn't enjoy it much. I love my Tuesday yoga and Wednesday yoga is different now that we have a new teacher but still great. On Thursdays my pilates instructor teaches yoga which I love because he really focuses on form in a way I feel my other instructors don't and finally Friday yoga is my favorite. On Fridays I have this really lively and funny, incredibly flexible little instructor called Ernesto that's always pushing for us to try harder and learn more while really making us work out. I didn't even crack a sweat tonight. I wasn't in the mood to go to the gym tonight to begin with so forcing myself to go just to be let down by my class was not definitely not the highlight of my day. After that was done with I came home and watched a few episodes of Goosebumps with a friend. I miss my 90s TV shows more than I could ever even try to explain. 

Tomorrow I've got spinning at the crack of dawn (which is actually in about two and half hours) and then I think I might spend the day cleaning. My room is a bloody disaster right now. There's clothes everywhere and none of my nail polish is put away where it belong. I've got books all across my desk, coffee table, and nightstand and I've really got to vacuum. I always tell myself I don't mind a mess but the truth is that any disorder at all makes me twitchy so I really need to get this under control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment