Friday, June 17, 2011

Vacation: Day One

So I haven't really updated on here in a while due to a lot of things going on with my family right now and all of the preparations for my vacation. I'm finally here in Sarasota though and the friend I'm staying with is at work so I figured now would be a good time to let you guys know I'm still alive. Let me go ahead and start off by saying I finally got a new camera so, as much as I love instagram pictures, get ready for some real camera shots. I didn't get anything too special, just a simple point and shoot that fits in my purse or pocket for daily use and has a few little features I thought I were interesting. It's a Canon PowerShot Elph 100 HS in case anyone was wondering.

Anyway here are a few pictures from yesterday which was the first day of my vacation.

























This isn't so much from yesterday as it is more of an aftermath shot. I was messing around with the settings on my camera and the picture ended up not doing the highlighter red color of my terrible sunburn any justice at all. I feel like I'm wrapped up in a blanket made of fire.

























Alright, I lied, these aren't really pictures from my first day of vacation. This is another picture I took in bed while watching How Do I Look? The magazine I haven't even flipped through because I want to save it for when I can hit the pool again. The book is awesome. I'm only like on chapter two but I'm already really into it. I haven't seen the movie yet (shocking since my favorites star in it) but I really want to as soon as I finish reading the book. I also started reading Are You There Vodka, It's me Chelsea yesterday and I've gotten such a kick out of it. I'm reading all of her books while I'm here. Her books are the perfect light summer reading to put you in a good mood while you sip margaritas and tan.

























These are the cupcakes Sara and I thought we wanted to eat yesterday. Both of us just sort of picked at our frosting and then ended up going to CVS at like one in the morning to buy chips. Whole Foods always has the most adorable and delicious looking cupcakes but then you go to eat them and they're giant and too sweet and overwhelming. We'll never learn though. We just keep buying them.

























This is my buddy Jude. She hangs out with me while Sara's babysitting. I feel bad because I've been yelling at her since yesterday to not get too close because she's very affectionate and ends up clawing at my fire skin and then I want to cry.

























That's Sara with the little girls she babysits. They met me at the pool yesterday which resulted in a my tan time being cut in half which was a blessing in disguise. The back half of me is totally fine. Not even lightly burned. I'm sure this will look really weird once the red goes away and from the back I'm too white but at least, for now, I can sit. The girls were surprisingly not terrible. I'm usually not good with children because I have no patience for them but the girls were generally sweet. I'm pretty sure they were only well behaved because Sara told them that I hate kids and wouldn't be there friend unless they were good because I have heard some serious horror stories about them.


















Sara and I also took Jasmine, the oldest of the girls she's babysitting, out to dinner last night. Sara's in the Big Brother Big Sister program and she's had Jasmine for like two years now. The girls were pretty good while we were at the pool but fast forward a hours and dinner wasn't as simple. There was a lot of singing on her part and it was kind of annoying. Sara and I decided to split the most delicious drink ever for dessert though and that sort of made up for it.

Tonight we might go out and maybe see a movie and get some drinks or something. Tomorrow will hopefully be a Dinsey day. We need to decide on whether we want to see Nelly or Third Eye Blind at Universal so we can figure out which Saturday to go where. I still have like nine days of vacation left and I'm already dreading it ending. My friend should be getting home in just over an hour so I think I'll go deplete her Lush stash and take a bubble bath so I can be ready for whatever ~adventures~ we might embark on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment