On June 16th, which is in approximately two weeks, I'll be going away for ten days of much needed fun in the sun, relaxing, and parading around The Magic Kingdom with my best friend. I'm so excited I can't even put it into words. Since I'll be gone for so long I'm going to need to take practically everything I own with me. I'm incapable of just packing the necessities. I've got to have it all. Always. Here's a sneak peak at a few things I plan on bringing with me which also doubles an a mini Summer Wish List because I still need to acquire quite a few of these things.
I probably should've numbered these to make them easier to go through but oh well. I'll try to to left to right and in rows. Before I get into let me just say that, for the most part, this really is all wishing. I'll be tracking down much less expensive versions of most of these things for my vacation.
1. ALC Belted Silk Dress in a light brown color that's perfectly airy for summer days walking along little shops and sipping on strawberry lemonade. I think something like this would also double as cover up quite nicely.
2. Christian Louboutin wedges. These are to die for. They're from the S/S 2011 collection and are called the Arielitta d’Orsay cork wedge. I couldn't find a link for them but you can probably find them at your local Louboutin store, Neiman Marcus, Saks, or Nordstrom. I can totally picture myself in these bad boys for a trip to the mall or a movie. I'd wear them paired back to a light khaki pair of shorts with something chiffon and flowy on top and big sunglasses. In my head this would be the perfect go-to outfit for looking nicely put together but effortlessly casual at the same time.
3. Kate Moss for Longchamp tote That link will probably take to the whole collection where the bag is featured in black but click to buy and the option for tan will come up. What I really love about this bag is that at first glance it almost looks like it's straw but it's actually leather. It has a very woven beach bag feel to it and it's huge so everything your day's adventures call for could fit in there comfortably. So perfect for beach days that could possibly turn into much, much more. Being from Miami I learned early on that it's never just a trip to the beach so I like to keep a change of clothes, nicer shoes, and a little makeup bag with me even if I leave the house with just the intention of going for a swim.
4. Calypso St. Barth Flutter Tee This comes in a whole bunch of beautifully bright summer shades and would be perfect to toss on with some shorts and a nice pair of sandals or wedges but at $75 it's a bit much for my wallet to handle. I found something similar at work that will do just as well for me. I've already bought it in like five colors. Express's Scoop-Neck Dolman is only $29.90 and feels like nothing once you've got it on. It's so light and fresh and looks amazing either worn on its own or layered over a tank. I basically live in this tee. I'm actually wearing it in white right this second. I can't get over it's slouchy perfectness.
5. All saints Chalcis Bracelet Arm candy is my favorite candy in the summertime. I love layering on tons of sweet delicate pieces to make them look chunky and bold while maintaining something soft and elegant about them. Of course my bracelets will center around my new Pandora charm bracelet that I'm obsessed with but I plan on adding on pieces like this and bangles and little rope bracelets as well.
6. I'm not going to link this because you can find it anywhere and I'm running late for a study sesh but number six on my list is Marc Jacobs' Daisy perfume. I wear this year round because I think it smells like heaven in a bottle but I particularly love it for summer. It's so fresh and flower and soft. All of my favorite things.
7. Chloe Gladiator Sandals Turquoise and coral are my favorite shades for accessories so how could I say no to coral sandals? I love that these are a muted coral and not super bright. Clothing wise I live in whites, blush pinks, and pale nudes so these would be the perfect pop to an other wise pretty monochromatic outfit. Also, I haven't bought any sandals at all this year. It's already upwards of 90 degrees outside and I'll still running around in flats. Not that flats arent appropriate but I'd love it if I had something a little more seasonal.
8. Next is a top from H&M. I'm not linking it because you can't shop online for their clothes. It's super depressing because I don't actually have an H&M anywhere near me. My friend that I'll be staying with on vacation has one close by her she hopefully we can take a trip and I can find all the amazing things people always find there. If not, I'm sure I can find something similar to this top some place else. What I love about it is that it's so feminine and has such sweet details like the straps that tie in little bows at your shoulders. No matter how lazy you are putting an outfit together something like this keeps you from looking like you just rolled out of bed.
9. DVF Maryelle Striped Bikini I'm ~curvy~ so I prefer a high waist bottom when going for a bikini. You know, something to hide what the hours I spend at the gym can't seem to eliminate. This reminds me of Victoria's Secret Bombshell bikini. I love the vintage feel and the stripes. I'm one of those people (the ones most of you probably shake your heads at) that loves to do it up for hanging around the pool. I can picture myself in this with red lipstick, some waterproof mascara, and killer wedges. Unfortunately It's been sold out in most of the places I've gone looking for it and I refuse to order swimwear without trying it on first. Hopefully I'll have some luck with it before I leave.
10. Essie Nail Polishes All of these colors can be found at the linked website for about half of what they retail in places like Ulta. I'm a crazy nail polish junkie so if I don't want to go completely broke in a matter of minutes I've got to find the bargain prices. The colors I've chosen as my summer favorites are Borrowed and Blue (a pastel sky blue), Your Hut or Mine (A deep hot pink with silver shift), and Lion Around (A soft pink with silver shift). Borrowed and Blue was from this years wedding collection and the other two shades are from the 2011 resort collection. They're all such pretty colors I honestly couldn't narrow it down to just one favorite. I tend to stick to pinks most of the time so Borrowed and Blue is perfect when I'm looking for something different. Lion Around is a gorgeous everyday color and Your Hut or Mine is beautiful when you're looking for something a little bolder.
11. Dior Tortoiseshell Sunglasses. One of the few things on this list that I actually already own. I got mine at Nordstrom but they can also found at Saks, Dior boutiques and other fine retailers. Call me superficial but I love having designer sunglasses. I'm not sure it's just because of the name on them or if it's the fact that most cheap sunglasses tend to look just that, cheap. I own tons of less expensive glasses, too, but nothing looks as polished and finished as a nice pair designer glasses. Of course the opposite could be said as well. There are some pretty heinous rhinestone encrusted tacky ones out there, too. I've also found that, for the most part, if you spend a little more on sunglasses they tend to be sturdier than like $10-$20 pairs you can get in Nordstrom's BP section or the really cheap ones you find at Forever 21. Sturdy is important to me because I throw my sunglasses around and drop them and generally treat them terribly and yet expect them to last forever.
12. Khaki shorts. This pair happens to be from H&M so I can't really link it but my go-to pair for this summer I actually purchased at Forever 21 for $9. They're linen cargo shorts that fit totally loose and slouchy which is exactly how I like my short shorts to fit. Much like half of this list, I couldn't find them online to add a link. Light colored, lightweight shorts are the perfect bottom to pair back to any top at all in the summer. Everything looks nice against them. Brights pop and stand out while neutrals and pastels blend without looking too blah.